Round Rock High School
- 300 N. Lake Creek Drive
- Round Rock, Texas 78681
Please visit the band booster website.
Please visit our middle school campus websites.
RRISD Festival of Bands - Monday, October 6th, Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex. Event begins at 6:30pm
- 4:08 Dismissed from class
- 5:00 Report to the band hall and get in uniform
- 5:20 Inspection
- 5:30 Load buses and depart
- 6:00 Arrive, unload
- 6:30 Warm Up
- 7:15 Report to Gate
- 7:30 (approximately) Perform
- 7:45 Water and move to back stands (all percussion, sousas and props load after performance)
- 8:00 Watch remaining band's performances and UT's Longhorn Band performance!
- 9:00 Event ends, move to buses and load
- 9:15 Depart for home
- 9:40 Arrive, unload, go home
Tuesday, October 7th is a Class Period Study Hall Day
Congratulations to the members of the Dragon Band. The band competed with 24 other Texas bands at Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex for the Bands of America Austin Regional on Saturday, September 27th. In prelims the band earned 2nd place and was selected as one of 10 finalists. In finals the band won the General Effect Visual caption and took home 3rd place.
In other BOA Regionals across the country this season, no other groups have scored in the 80s. Here at Austin, 5 of the top 10 ranking bands scored in the 80s, including Round Rock! Central Texas is packed with incredible band programs both at the middle and high school levels.
Congratulations again to the Dragon Band. Our next contest well be at Westlake High School on Saturday, October 11th. Our prelims performance time is 5:15pm. Please come out, watch and cheer!
ALL CALL TO DRAGON BAND ALUMNI
If you're reading this, please help spread the word. We'd like to have all alumni who are available and willing join us for Homecoming on October 31st this year. The big event for alumni will be the PEP RALLY at 3:30pm on Friday the 31st. Then a great football game and time with the current band - I would love to get everyone on the field together at half time!
Keep the band hall organized and clean
- Please place band and book bags on the shelves.
- Please place water jugs in front of your tote/book bag on the tile instead of the carpet. If we have a spill it's much easier to clean up.
- Instrument cases must be kept in lockers. Instrument cases should not be left on the floor of the band hall.
- No students in the practice rooms, percussion studio or passing through the band hall during A or B lunches. During C lunch you may pass through but not eat.